Today is the International Day of Listening. What does that mean? It’s a day to increase awareness of the value of listening and provide resources to help people develop better listening skills and strategies. The main idea behind this day is that “Listening makes us better humans.”
We believe in the power of listening, and it seems that more and more people are believing in the power of listening as well. The numbers continue to show that more and more people are listening to stories and podcasts.
In order to increase awareness about listening, find great listening instruction resources on our teacher support center:
- 7 Guidelines for Teaching Listening
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Listening
- 5 Ways to Integrate Listenwise into Your Teaching
- How Do We Create Better Readers? Teach Listening.
The theme for this year is “Listen—even when you disagree.” Here are some of our stories for you to explore:
- Should Tech Companies Stop Doing Business with the Government?
- Why We Eat Based on our Emotions
- What Could Replace Facebook?
- Does the Method of Execution in the Death Penalty Matter?
- Parks Can Improve Your Mental Health
Time to dive into the International Day Of Listening!