Welcome back Listenwise users! Use this back-to-school checklist to prepare for a new school year with Listenwise and learn about our latest features.
- Bookmark the new login page
- Prepare your new Listenwise classes
- Explore the NEW ELD Lesson Library
- Check out new podcast lessons
- Plan listening activities for the year!
Check out this short video to see what’s new with Listenwise:
1. Bookmark the new login page
We made a small change to our website, so bookmark this page for easy access: app.listenwise.com
2. Prepare your new Listenwise classes
Get ready for new students on the Manage Classes tab:
- Delete your classes from last year.
- Here are instructions on how to delete classes.
- Create your new classes.
- Import Google Classroom rosters or manually create classes to generate a Class Code to share with students. This help article has more info about class creation.
- Enroll your students.
- These quick start guides show students how to log in based on how you created classes: Class Code or Google Classroom.
3. Explore the NEW ELD Lesson Library
We now have lessons to support your lower-level multilingual learners better! Our new ELD Lesson Library features authentic podcasts at low language complexity along with:
- Paired videos to build background knowledge
- ELD Teacher’s Guides to support your instruction and students’ understanding of the content and language
- Spanish language navigation for students on their dashboards, along with native language supports on ELD assignments
- ELD standards-alignment
Explore the lesson library here!
4. Check out new podcast lessons
Our team has been busy adding new content to Listenwise. We’re also working on adding quizzes to all existing lessons!
Here are some highlights:
- New Collections:
- Kid News: A weekly current event story geared for elementary students featuring children as hosts and commentators. These stories are posted every Tuesday.
- Fictional Stories for Elementary: Told by an engaging storyteller, these original and classic stories are great for younger listeners. Explore the collection.
- New Secondary Lessons: Here’s a sample of the newly published lessons for secondary:
5. Plan listening activities for the year!
If you’re looking for some new ideas for how to add Listenwise to your classroom routine this year, check out these resources:
- Back-to-School Planning with Listenwise: Plan out your year with some of our most popular podcast lessons for ELD, ELA, Social Studies & STEM
- Listenwise Scavenger Hunt: Start this year off by letting students explore Listenwise on their own. All you have to do is create your classes and share this worksheet with them!
- Celebrate Holidays with Listenwise: Use this calendar to plan when to use a podcast to celebrate holidays from National Dog Day to Juneteenth!
- Social Emotional Learning with Listenwise: This 6-week plan provides pacing and content recommendations to support all SEL competencies.
Explore the Listenwise Teacher Training Materials folder for more ideas and teacher stories.