As you transition back to the classroom and prepare for a new school year, use this checklist to help you get Listenwise ready for your students (and learn about Listenwise’s new features!).
- Add the Listenwise App to your Clever Portal
- Create New Listenwise Classes & Enroll Students
- Explore New Content
- Plan Listenwise Lessons
- Get the Help You Need!
1. Does your School Use Clever? Add the Listenwise App to Your Portal
Listenwise has added Clever SSO to allow seamless access to Listenwise for teachers and students. You can now log into Listenwise from your Clever portal or use the Clever button on the log-in page. Ask your Clever administrator to add Listenwise to your portal if you already have Premium.
2. Create New Listenwise Classes & Enroll Students
Out with the old, and in with the new! Here are three steps to get your Listenwise account ready for new students:
- Delete your classes from last year.
- From the Manage Classes tab on your teacher dashboard, you can remove old classes. Here are instructions on how to delete classes.
- Create your new classes on this page.
- If you use Google Classroom, you can import your class rosters. Otherwise, you’ll manually create classes to generate a Class Code to share with students. This help article has more info about class creation.
- Enroll your students.
3. Explore New Content
Our team has been busy adding new and engaging content to Listenwise this summer! We’ve added podcasts across all subjects and levels, and here are the highlights:
- New Elementary Podcasts: The Elementary Lesson collection continues to grow thanks in part to our new podcast partners like Story Seeds and Kojo for Kids. Read more about these podcasts and find sample lessons in this blog post.
- New Thematic Collections: We’ve added three new collections featuring youth voices (linked below). More collections are on the way so keep an eye out for additional collections later in the fall.
As you look for stories on Listenwise, you’ll notice we updated our search page. It’s now easier to keep track of which filters are applied and find the perfect story.
4. Plan Listenwise Lessons
Listenwise is a flexible tool that can be used for whole-class listens, small group activities, or independent work. As you plan for the new year, consider these listening activity ideas:
- Instructional Strategies: Our new Support Center has a wide variety of ideas for making the most of teaching with Listenwise. From curriculum connections to quick-start ideas suggestions, learn how other teachers are using Listenwise with students.
- Choice Boards: We’ve created choice boards to help you explore different ways to implement Listenwise:
5. Get the Help You Need!
Whether you need technical assistance or instructional ideas, we are here to support you and your students this year:
- New Support Center: Our support center is now more helpful than ever. It includes how-to articles, instructional ideas, and you can submit a support ticket to quickly connect with a Listenwise team member if you need more help.
- Webinars: If you need help getting started or just want a quick refresher, we are hosting a series of webinars this back-to-school season. Learn more and sign up for a session below: